Critical Illness in County Durham
In the event you fall seriously ill, critical illness insurance pays out a lump sum in the event of a diagnosis of certain conditions. It’s important to know exactly what kind of conditions you are covered for but a typical policy would protect you from strokes, heart attacks, transplants, blindness or permanent disability but this varies between different insurers. Most policies cover you for a fixed amount (e.g £100k) which is paid in a one-off, tax free payment although some will allow you to rearrange that into a monthly allowance if you make a successful claim. It’s also worth noting that in some cases you can add critical illness cover onto regular life insurance policies.
- Peace of mind if you were to suddenly fall ill and were unable to provide for your family
- The money you receive can be used in whatever way you see fit
- Many policies are sold with guaranteed premiums
- The more illnesses covered by the policy is usually reflected in higher premiums
- As of 2003, certain illnesses such as lymphoma are no longer covered in many policies
- Any pre-existing conditions in yourself or close family members could also affect premiums
Critical illness insurance is one of our specialities here at Mapps, and our expert team will ensure they find the right deal for you depending on your individual circumstances.
Talk to us today to find out more.